Monday, April 2, 2012

The Saturday Shoot

I had such a great time at our Saturday shoot!  I think it is a great way to get the class involved together outside of actual class time.  Everyone had pulled together to make every aspect of the day flow. 

Our group was the first to shoot,  we had come up with a romantic musical idea for our 1 minute film.  It involved lots of choreography and precision from our actors, so we rehearsed the scene at least 15 times (or so it felt.)  I opted to operate the Bolex because I had never done so before. I began to feel like I was weight lifting with the heavy object after an hour of holding it! 

After a ton of run throughs we finally shot it, everything went great!  It ended a little before one minute, so we must not have wound it enough. Thankfully we didn't cut any of the story telling out. The only thing that wasn't caputured was the romantic kiss between our two love struck characters.

After we processed our film we went to help the other groups.  I was the lead actress in a "stalker" film where I get stalked around campus by an unknown person (or thing, or animal! who knows!) I never got to see this groups projected film, but I'm sure it turned out great.

Throughout the day it stopped feeling as though we were in class but rather just on a fun film set!

No comments:

Post a Comment