Monday, April 30, 2012

Thoughts on 6x1

I thought 6x1 was a awesome class! I had heard from a lot of other film students that 6 x1 was one of their most enjoyable classes, and I couldn't agree more.  It is so nice to get away from some of the other classes and really have fun with this one.

I would have to say that the pinhole camera project was my least favorite, and would give it a 3 on a 1 - 6 scale.  I enjoyed taking the photos and making the camera - I thought that was a really neat concept, and the actually camera itself is a great idea. But it was the post production part that made it my least favorable.  Not that it was horrible by any means - it just was not as fun as the other projects.  Something about editing together a couple still images was a little stale, the sensory element brought back some of the sensation though.

I really enjoyed the bolex and pixillation/animation project.  I loved working the super 8 and the bolex.  I was really inspired by the pez movies we viewed and saw some of the reflected in the projects.

I wish our 3D project would have turned out more "3d"  but we were limited to a small space and some "technical difficulties" from other professors.  I could not stop laughing at the mockumentary horror film however.  I really want to do more mockumentaries now!

The Video race was fun, I liked it because I could work by myself on it.  It was nice to get a slight break from the constant group work.  I do like working with groups and think it is necessary in the types of projects we did, but when it comes to logistics and scheduling then individual work is definitely easier.

My favorite project might have been project 1 - the elements painting on film one.  I really enjoyed the magazine transfer, painting, scratching, and rayogramming on actual film strips and thought it made for a sweet film!

No comments:

Post a Comment