Tuesday, April 24, 2012

V V V Videeooo Race

I had a fun time with the video race.  Because of my work schedule I didn't have much time to go get the prop exactly when it came out.  When I went Saturday afternoon, I must admit I was mildly disappointed with the prop.  My first thought was "These will be so easy to scan,"  however after wondering around my house I figured out that I did not want to scan this stuff and instead wanted my project to be stop motion.   I found just about the weirdest thing I could... a doll torso jewelry holder, which would be the resting place for all the gels.

I wanted to create a fashionable world in my room so I grabbed some scrapbook paper ans set up a "runway" in the corner of my room where the sun hit it best.  I took about 150 photos on my iPhone which consisted of headless jewelry holder,  tin foil, an evil makeup brush holder, and some horrifying judges.

After I was done with the photos  I took them into Iphoto and enhanced the colors a little bit to give it an extra boost. In final cut I cut down and sped up some of the images in a way that made the timing feel just right.  I had no clue what to do about sound.  I was thinking about doing some ADR but then felt that might be a little cheesy, (and I am horrible at voice overs.)  Instead I landed on RuPauls "Supermodel," song which instantly got engraved into my brain.  I still am singing this cult like song.

This is the first video race I have ever been apart of.  I really wanted to do the 1 hour 1 take VR at visions, but was not able to participate in it, so when this assignment came up I was really excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment