Monday, February 6, 2012

Synesthesia and cymatics

Upon finishing these very intriguing articles I have concluded upon the fact that - I want to experience Synesthesia!  I'm not saying I would want it around permanently (well depending on what the circumstances may be,) but to experience something like looking at a cat and smelling roses would be awesome! I found artist Carol Steens reaction to acupuncture eye opening.  It impresses me that she took her image from the brain and made a piece  of art out of it.  But I suppose tha'ts what the brain is -  a piece of art in itself.

If the science behind cynamatics is more unveiled to the population I believe this could be used in mainstream movies, songs, and art all the time. It is extremely thought provoking and like the creative technologist, Evan said cymatics is really a magical tool that I had never really thought about.  Now that I have a beginning working knowledge of synesthesia and cymatics I would like to try and work them into my film projects to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment