Monday, January 30, 2012

First Response Exercise

The sound and picture of this short went together like magic.  All the beats matched up with exploding images on screen. I kept thinking the screen would go black and the whole film would end, but was surprised when the colors and shapes would start up again. I noticed that the shapes got bigger and smaller as the music crescendoed.  The colors were also of all vibrant sorts and if by some chance the color was bland I never took notice.

During the film I heard things like animals, the buzzing of crickets, Jazz like music, people hustling about their days as if they were in rush hour in NYC.  There were also hospital like beeps in the beginning and whenever the sound got chaotic the on screen magnificence exploded.  Could all of these images been scanned in? All I have to say is WOW what a interesting piece, and also - I hope you don't have epilepsy when viewing this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment