Monday, February 20, 2012

Wells theory of Animation

I must admit that I have always been a huge fan of cell animation.  Maybe its the disney princess I long to be but I have always admired the work of that these artist.  I started watching other types of animation a couple of years ago and I do love these styles of animation.

I think that well's "unorthodox" animation is more of an artistic experience than the typical "orthodox" animation.  It seems that it challenges viewers to think more about what is being brought to the rather than cartoons and cell animation - which brings a more narrative experience and deals with telling a more simplistic story.

I do appreciate both art forms,  I enjoy the storytelling in "orthodox" animation, and also enjoy the creative artistic measures brought to me in "unorthdox" animation.  I am more of an orthodox animator, and choose to draw typical cell animation figures.  This class along with other art forms have let me experience other realms of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment